Saturday, January 7, 2012

Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince (Infernal Devices #2)
By Cassandra Clare
Available Now


Goodreads Synopsis: In the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa's powers for his own dark ends.
With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister's war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move and that one of their own has betrayed them.
Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, though her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will; the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?
As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart.




My Review: 

Is it possible to like the sequel even more than the original?!?!? Because I love this book! Like, ridiculously so. 

The plot is incredibly interesting, with many twists and turns and revelations. It was heartbreaking and breathtaking and amazing! Don’t worry, this isn’t a filler book, this is just as complex as the first! 

But what really makes this series for me are the characters. Honestly, these characters are amazingly complex yet relatable. Seriously, they are perfection! Tessa…I absolutely love this girl. She’s been through many hard times yet she still powers through. She’s brave and determined and so smart. She's just trying to get through life with a positive outlook.

But again, as for the first book, it’s the boys that truly make this story. Both are so complex and special in their own ways. They remind me of Sherlock Holmes and Watson, well, the Holmes and Watson portrayed in the movies. That relationship and witty banter is exactly how Will and Jem are. They are like night and day, yet fit together like 2 pieces of a puzzle. And, I know that I said I liked Jem more in the last book, but…now I’m confused! Oh, you learn sooo much about Will in this book and why he is how he is and he’s amazing! So noble and incredibly sweet!!! Normally, when a love triangle ensues, I might like both but I usually have a clear winner. Not this time! Honestly, I love them both so much I honestly have no idea who to choose. I still love Jem, don’t get me wrong, and I still want him to win out (I think), but it’s a very close call. Honestly, I think in the end, I’d be happy with either because I love them both. 

But, I’m warning you now, there is a cliffhanger….a huge one (at least to me). I want the next book now! My mouth literally hung open when it ended just because of that one part! 
This is a great book. And I have to commend Cassandra Clare for making me fall in love with both boys. That takes talent. With an intriguing plot that makes you want more and amazingly complex, heart-felt characters (secondary character included!), this book is a must read. 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)