Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blood Song (Lharmell #1) by Rhiannon Hart

Blood Song (Lharmell #1)
by Rhiannon Hart
Available in Aus and NZ-US resident can order from www.fishpond.com (free world-wide shipping)
Pages: 290
Format: Paperback
Source: www.fishpond.com


★★★★★ 5/5 


Goodreads Synopsis:
I wanted to turn but I was held captive by the song on the wind. I’m coming, I told the voices. Please, wait for me.

When her sister becomes betrothed to a prince in a northern nation, Zeraphina’s only consolations are that her loyal animal companions are by her side – and that her burning hunger to travel north is finally being sated.

Already her black hair and pale eyes mark her out as different, but now Zeraphina must be even more careful to keep her secret safe. Craving blood is not considered normal behaviour for anyone, let alone a princess. So when the king’s advisor, Rodden, seems to know more about her condition than she does, Zeraphina is determined to find out more.

Zeraphina must be willing to sacrifice everything if she’s to uncover the truth – but what if the truth is beyond her worst nightmares?



My Review:

What an amazingly unique twist to vampire lore!



Zeraphina has always been a bit different ever since she was sick as a child and has always felt the urge to go north. After her sister becomes engaged to a Northern prince, Zeraphina thinks she’ll finally get the answers she wants, especially when she meets Rodden, a man who seems to know more about her than she does.

  All of the characters were great but I especially fell in love with the main characters Zeraphina and Rodden. Zeraphina is curious, idependent, strong-willed determined, snarky, and sometimes down-right ill tempered…Love her! Not to mention she’s got an eagle…an eagle! And can shoot with a bow and arrow! How cool is that?!?! And Rodden, Oh Rodden ;). Rodden is the sexy, aloof, mysterious man with all the answers. HOT! But I didn’t just love their personalities, I loved the relationship between them. No insta-love here! Its definitely my favorite form of love: hate turned love! Always more interesting than insta-love. There’s plenty of witty banter and snarkiness to go around. It actually reminded me a lot of Yelena and Valek from Poison Study. I absolutely loved their dialogue together.

The world building was excellent! While I think a map would have come in handy, I like the author didn’t weigh us down with unnecessary details, but gave us just the right amount to enjoy the world. *One thing to note though is that the south is cold and the north is hot…yeah it confused me too for a minute. Then I remembered that the author is Australian which is below the equator and, therefore, the south is colder than the north.

The vampire lore of this book is incredibly unique. I can’t really say much more because that is part of the journey you go on in the book but I must say that it was extremely interesting.

So, between great characters, witty banter, great world-building, and a unique story, this book is a must read! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)