Thursday, February 2, 2012

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy #2) by Kiersten white


Supernaturally (Parnormalcy #2)

By Kiersten White
Avaiable now
Pages: 336
Format: Hardback
Source: B&N

★★★★
4.5 


THIS IS THE SECOND IN A SERIES! IT WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!


THIS IS PART OF MY SOPHOMORE CHALLENGE

Goodreads Synopsis:
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself. 


So much for normal.


My Review:



Oh Kiersten White, how I adore thee! And if you are anything like your character Evie, then I have a feeling we’d get along perfectly!



  My favorite feeling is when I love the second book just as much as its predecessor. Again, as with Paranormalcy, I was laughing from the very first page. Not many books can do that! That’s an amazing accomplishment in my book!


  Evie is just as snarky, funny, and girly as in the first book. She knows her way around a taser (How bleeping awesome is that?!?!), but she’s still a teenage girl dealing with teenage problems (cue boy trouble!). While Evie does make some stupid decisions in this book, she definitely redeems herself. Evie really changes in this book and realizes who she is (Go Evie!).

And I love Lend! Don’t get me wrong, Reth is still on my radar (hey good lookin ;D), but Lend is just a great guy! He’s incredibly sweet and always there for Evie. All he wants to do is make her happy and be there for her. I’d definitely want him in real life.

Arianna is ill-tempered and moody, but really cares about Evie. She ends up being a really awesome vamp (not to mention deadly in the virtual world), and I'd definitely have her as my roommate. 

And Jack! He’s arrogantly funny and I loved him! Honestly, I’d love to have him as a friend. My favorite chapter is definitely “Aphrodite on Steroids”. Y’all have to check it out. I literally almost cried laughing! However, although he’s funny, he’s damaged. He had a hard past and uses his humor to cover it up. I really just wanted to give him a hug!

However, while this may be just as funny and sarcastic as the first book, there is a more serious undertone. This is more of a coming-of-age book where Evie faces a lot of moral dilemmas and has to come to terms with who and what she is. Those last chapters where she really learns about herself, I just wanted to hug her and say “good job”. Just because she is “supposed” to do something, doesn’t mean she “has” to, something she definitely learned. She has choices, now she just has to choose.

 Supernaturally is just as funny as Parnormalcy, but with a more serious story where Evie really learns about herself. I am eagerly anticipating the end of Evie’s story and July can’t come fast enough. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)