Friday, February 10, 2012

Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie



Matched (Matched #1)
by Ally Condie 
Release Date: November 30, 2010
Pages: 366
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
★★★★★





Goodreads Synopsis:
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.



My Review:


Absolutely amazing. Heartbreaking, wonderful...I'm honestly having a hard time trying to find words for this. 

First off, the romance? simply amazing! I can’t even do it justice with words. its so wonderful and beautiful and true. They don’t instantly fall in love, it takes time and it is a beautiful love. And don’t worry, there is no love triangle, for the love she feels for the different boys is different types of love. One the love of a friend and the other something more. Yet both are true and amazing. 

The Society think uncertainties and mistakes are what is wrong with the world and they fix that by making routines and taking away choice. This was a book about learning who you are and learning to make choices for yourself. So, in a society where are “choices” are already predicted, this is hard and something Cassia has to take the time to learn. 

All of the characters were amazing! Cassia who is learning to be true to herself and make her own choices in life. Xander, the loyal friend who would do anything for her. And Ky, who is amazingly sweet and loyal and kind. I absolutely fell in love with him. 

And the writing! So beautiful! Those words just broke my heart and made me feel these emotions right along with the characters. The only word to describe it would bebeautiful 

However, I’ll admit, Matched is slow….but deliberately slow. And honestly, it works. I think because its more realistic than most dystopias. As with most dystopias, all it takes is one action, one mistake and then all of the sudden the character goes into rebellious mode. And there’s nothing wrong with that, I actually like those books too. However, this was more realistic in the sense that her rebellion didn’t start immediately. Face it, when your raised one way, it will take a while for your ideals and thoughts to change. So, although the pacing was slow, it was because she was learningabout the wrong things in her society instead of instantly knowing. For this reason, the pace was perfect and kept me interested for I was learning right along with her. 

Matched is an amazingly sweet and true love story that will have your heart-pounding. You’ll feel the emotions and learn right alongside the characters. It is a heartbreakingly true romance that makes me want both the 2nd and 3rd books right away. I truly hope that anyone that picks up this book enjoys it just as much as I did. 




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this! I enjoyed it quite a bit, too. :) Great review!

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I just hope the sequel is good. I've heard plenty of mixed reviews on it :/

      Delete
  2. You convinced me...I've had matched on my shelf for a long time, but haven't read it. Now I have to. :)

    I found you thanks to Goodreads. I've got to figure out how to put one of their badges on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must!! I really enjoyed it and I hope you do to!

      Awesome! are you talking about a Goodreads button? This blogger will help:
      http://smallreview.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-q-edition.html
      She does a bunch of tips and tricks. Scroll down till you see where she tells you how to do the GR button. Hope it helps!

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)