Sunday, February 5, 2012

2012 Harry Potter Reading Challenge






Name: 2012 Harry Potter Challenge
Host: The Reading Fever
Starts: January 1, 2012
Ends: December 31, 2012
Challenge: Read all seven books in the Harry Potter series during 2012.

Why: 
Do you even need to ask? I love Harry Potter. This is the one series that I actually read, before I really got into reading. When I was that young, I might read one series once I found out I liked it, but I wouldn't take the time to go search for another series. I read this only because my sister pretty much forced it down my throat. And boy am I glad I did!

I have been one of the lucky ones to have literally grown up with Harry. The first book came out when I was 3, the first movie when I was in first grade, the last book when I was in 7th grade, and the last movie came out the summer before my senior year. So yes, he's literally been there for me my whole life. 

I actually read the 3rd book first. Weird right? Thats because my sister wanted to read it to me and she had already read the first two. She was always the reader and I wasn't. But, after she kept asking and asking and asking, I finally said yes. After giving me a summary of the first two, we sat there and read the third book together and I'll admit that I actually enjoyed it! After that, I decided to read this series for myself. 

Throughout this series I laughed and cried and gasped. My heart was pumping during the action parts and breaking during the sad parts. This world is the most amazing world I have ever had the pleasure of escaping to. And that food?!?! I wish it was real! I've never had books that have made me want to eat their food as much as these! 

However, the characters truly made these books for me. They went through so much, yet were so brave and courageous. Yeah, they cried and argued and were probably peeing in their pants, but who wouldn't? I could easily relate to them. If I was ever in such a situation, I would have been scared too, but I can only hope that I would have acted as brave as them. Through the power of friendship, they were able to pull through. 

All in all, Harry Potter taught be valuable lessons about love, heartbreak, courage, and most importantly friendship. I love the world that J. K. Rowling created and I dreaded the last book and the last movie because it meant their story would end. But it doesn't. Their stories live on through their books, movies, and most importantly, us. Harry Potter is truly the Boy Who Lived. 


P.S. The Superbowl is on today!!! Woot!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Fellow Harry Potter nerd here! That's awesome that you grew up with the series. I didn't get into them until after the first movie came out, although my mom had tried to get me to read the books beforehand. I wasn't really interested in reading a "kids' book" (I was SUCH an adult in college ;)), but after I saw the movie I was hooked and had to read all of them! Now it's my favorite series and I'm just obsessed with all of it!

    This is a cool reading challenge. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry Potter nerds UNITE! Actually, I didn't get into it until after the first movie either. I think I actually watched to first two movies before I started reading them. But soon after the crazy obsession came! Now I'm in love with this world! I think after I read each book I'm gonna watch the movie. Its really interesting to see what they put in and what they left out.

      Thanks! happy reading to you too :D

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)