Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rating System and Updates

Updates:
Hey everyone! I now have a new sister-in-law :D The wedding was beautiful and she looked absolutely stunning! Thanks for all the well wishes. 


Also, I've read Katana, Vampire Academy, Cross My Heart, The Goddess Test and am starting Goddess Interrupted so look out for those reviews once I get back! 

Rating System:
  Now onto the reason for this post. I'm thinking about doing a different rating system. Why? I just feel that the stars don't really get my true feelings across. Yes, I know that technically the actual review is supposed to get my point across, but the stars give people an idea on whether I liked it or not (especially if they don't always have time to read the entire review which sometimes I myself don't). However, I just don't feel that the stars are specific enough.


  Most of the time, each star means a certain thing. For example, 5 stars = absolutely fantastic or 1 star = not for me. However, for me, not all 5 stars are absolutely fantastic. Sometimes I was to describe them as "fan-freaking-tastic" or "epic" or something along those lines. I'm extremely indecisive and have such a hard time deciding between a 4 and a 5 or a 2 and a 3. Each book is unique and for me cannot be put into any 1 category. 


Therefore, I believe my new rating system will be words. Yes, on Goodreads I'll still rate stars (however hard it is for me to decide), but on here I'll write a few words. 


Exs. Rating: Beautiful
        Rating: meh...
        Rating: AMAZING!


  Get it? These phrases will better get my point across. For me it's just too hard to use stars because I feel as if the stars can only mean one thing. For me though, one 5 star is different than another 5 star book and it is 5 stars for a different reason and I feel the need to get the reason for the 5 stars across. I've seen other bloggers do this and I feel as if I can better get my opinion across using this new rating system. I hope it is easier for y'all if you don't have time to read the entire review, but still want to see whether I liked it or not. I know for me, personally, this is easier. I hope y'all enjoy it :D 






      
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)