Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thinking Through Thursday (8)



Welcome to another "Thinking Through Thursday"! This is a post I write (or try to) every Thursday in which I discuss various bookish goodness. 

This week's discussion is:

Hardback vs. Paperback vs. Ebook

Book have always been either hardback or paperback, but with all this new technology ebooks have come into play. With so many options which do you choose?

My personal favorite has always been Hardback. Yes, they are more expensive, but to me they are just prettier and sturdier. Don't get me wrong, I love paperback too. I like that they become worn and you can tell that you love the book and read it a lot with its worn pages and spine. But I love the look of a hardback. I really do. I can't really place exactly why, I just always have. 

Ahhh....but now there are ebooks. Too many options! As I said, I normally buy hardbacks. Ebooks are probably last. I love my Kindle, don't get me wrong! But I love having an actual copy of a book. My Kindle is normally for Netgalley books and cheap books on Amazon. Or, if I'm kind of iffy on a series and the first book is cheap, I'll buy it on my Kindle and if I end up loving it, I'll buy physical copies. That actually happened with Divergent. Before I got into dystopians, I bought it on my Kindle to see if I would like it and I ended up falling in love! My Kindle is great for trips and vacations too.

Overall:

I love each for different reasons. While my favorite will always be Hardbacks, I love the worn feel of paperbacks and the ease of ebooks. I'll buy different types depending on the circumstances. It's a complicated system :P

So what about y'all? Which one is your favorite? Your least favorite? Be sure to let me know in the comments below!

All the best
Mackenzie 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)