Friday, July 20, 2012

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Entwined
by Heather Dixon
Pages: 472
Format: ebook
Source: Bought


Rating: Really liked it!


Goodreads Synopsis:


Azalea and her younger sisters dance in the mysterious silver forest every night, escaping from the sadness of the palace and their father’s grief. What they don’t understand—although as time passes they begin to get an inkling of the danger they are in—is that the mysterious and dashing Keeper is tightening his snare with deadly purpose. Luckily, Azalea is brave and steadfast. Luckily, a handsome young army captain also has his eye on Azalea. . . . Lush, romantic, and compelling, this debut novel by Heather Dixon will thrill fans of Shannon Hale, Robin McKinley, and Edith Pattou.


Short and Sweet:


What an adorable book! Because it's a re-telling, you know what's going to happen, but that doesn't take away from it's sweet nature. 


My favorite part by far were the characters themselves. With 12 sisters, you'd think it'd be hard to separate each. You'd think they'd start blending together. Not the case here. Each sister had her own distinct personality. Even the ones that were younger and didn't really have much dialogue. Briar was by far my favorite! Her prickly nature and sharp tongue got her in plenty of trouble, but she always put her sisters first. And the romances were simply adorable! 


I know some complained that Entwined wasn't that much different from the original fairytale, that it didn't have enough of it's own flavor. Well, to be honest, I'm only familiar with the general idea of the story, and while perhaps not completely unique, it's almost like a comfortable old blanket. It's familiar, but that doesn't take away from it's warmth. 


Overall:


Entwined is definitely a cute book and one to add to your fairy-tale retelling collection. It's a sweet, warm and all around fun book to read with an adorable dash of romance. 


All the best
Mackenzie 

6 comments:

  1. I actually did not like Entwined, its actually on my DNF list. Too me it was a tad uninteresting and it didn't catch my attention. But I don't like to leave books unfinished, it annoys me, so I may just go and pick it back up.
    I'm glad you liked it,
    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry bout that. I actually know quite a few people who have felt that way. Well hopefully you enjoy it the second time round :) Thanks!

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. I can't really comment on this book, not having read it; but your post made me feel like adding it to my TBR list. Not as a priority read, but sooner or later.

    (Also: I’ve nominated you for the Lovely Blog Award: http://ylogs.com/archives/one-lovely-blog-award )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I really hope you read it and enjoy it :D Thanks!

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  3. I loved this book so much! It was such a gorgeous, lush read. I've heard so many people complain about how slow it was, but I love slow books! And the sisters were all wonderfully distinct and original. Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Someone who loved it as much a I did XD It was slow, but in a good way. It wasn't boring or anything like that. I absolutely adored the sisters! They made the book for me XD Thanks!!

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)