Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thinking Through Thursday (3)



Welcome to another....

THINKING THROUGH THURSDAY!!

This week's discussion is on 

GIRL'S POV vs. BOY'S POV

Face it. Most every book out there is from a girl's POV. And I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Actually, it's a great thing! I'd be a big fat liar if I said I didn't like books from a girl's POV. Sue me. It's a lot easier for me to relate to a teenage girl than a teenage boy.  BUT, it is refreshing to read a book from a guy's perspective. I've only read a few (like Maze Runner) but each time it's been excellent! I like to get into the guys brain every once in a while. Might help me understand them better :P (yeah, right!) Personally, I think we need to see more of those books out there! *hint, hint*


So what about y'all? Do you prefer a girl's POV or a boys? Or both?
Also, if you have any recommendations about books narrated by a guy, let me know in the comments below! 


All the best ♥
Mackenzie

4 comments:

  1. I could just say ditto to your entire response beause I feel the EXACT same way about the boy/girl POV thing! It's so much easier to connect with a girl's POV since we're girls ourselves, but it's still so refreshing to read a guy's POV because they're rare and sometimes you just have to wonder how a guy thinks ;) I haven't read very many either -- Holly Black's Curse Worker's series, Where She Went by Gayle Forman, etcetera -- but I've loved almost all that I've seen so far! Planning on adding The Maze Runner to my list soon too :)

    I love this Thursday discussion post idea, Mackenzie -- and that Pooh Bear image just makes it even more awesome! x) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! Thanks for the recommendations! I feel as if I can hardly ever find books out there like that. Really the Maze Runner series and the Escape From Furnace series by Alexander Gordon Smith are the only ones I know of but I'll definitely check out the Curse Worker's series. It's actually been on my TBR for quite some times so I think its time to bump it up on the list :D
      Thanks!!!! XD I love me some Pooh Bear!!

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. I agree - it is easier to relate to a girl's POV because I'm a girl, but I do enjoy reading books from a guy's POV, as well as books that have both. The book that I'm writing has both, and I'll definitely be getting some guys to tell me if it sounds like a guy's perspective or not!

    I loved The Maze Runner! And if you haven't read any John Green, you totally should. He's a beautiful writer and all of his books, except for The Fault in Our Stars, are written from a male point of view.

    Great topic, Mackenzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!!! I'll definitely keep an eye out ;)

      Thanks for the recommendation! I'll definitely check his books out!

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)