Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Historical Fiction Challenge


 Historical fiction: tells a story that is set in the past. That setting is usually real and drawn from history, and often contains actual historical persons, but the principal characters tend to be fictional. Writers of stories in this genre, while penning fiction, attempt to capture the spirit, manners, and social conditions of the persons or time(s) presented in the story, with due attention paid to period detail and fidelity. (Wikipedia)


Name: YA Historical Fiction Challenge 2012
Host: YA Bliss
Starts: January 1, 2012
Ends: December 31, 2012
Challenge: All Historical Fiction books must be YA or MG
My Goal: Level 3 - read 15 books


Why?
I love me some historical fiction. Men back then were men's men. They were rough and rugged and knew how to wield a weapon. They acted like gentlemen and were chivalrous. Not to mention, historical fiction often times includes court intrigue and scandals. What makes it better? Usually the damsels know how to handle themselves. Awesome, right?


Books read:
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
The Silver Sea by Julia Golding
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers (review coming soon)
Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould



2 comments:

  1. Hi Mackenzie
    I found you by the young adult bookclub on goodreads.
    I also like historical fiction for the chivalry. Also because I love past time periods. My favorite historical fiction series is the river in time series by Lisa bergen and my favorite stand alone is the northern light by jennifer o'donnally
    Oh. New follower:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!
      Ah....chivalrous men...where'd they go?! :P I really enjoy past times too. I absolutely love that series! though I've only read the first o_O I know, I know, shame on me! I plan on reading the rest for this challenge :) I've never heard of Northern Light but I'll be sure to check it out! Thanks for following! Hope you enjoy :)

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)