Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The One With the Top 10 Books I Really Want to Read but Don't Own Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish.  Each week a new Top Ten list topic is posted and book bloggers fill in their own choices. 

This Week's Topics is

Top 10 Books I Really Want to Read But Don't Own Yet



So I could've easily made a whole list of books that aren't out yet that I would give up my first born for (I kid....possibly). But, I realized that there are a lot of books, especially series, that I haven't yet finished and would really love to. So, this list is split in half. The first half consists of book series that I've started, but don't yet have the final books. The second half consists of books coming out in the future that I'm incredibly psyched for. 

Already Released


1. Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth
I read Divergent when it first came out a long time ago. In between waiting for the next in the series, I found new books to read. Which means this series was left by the wayside. Though I still haven't read Insurgent (don't kill me!), I own that one whereas I don't own Allegiant. I plan on getting around to reading it....eventually.

2. The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns #3) by Rae Carson
Guysssss this series! AHHHHH! So good! And HECTOR?! *Swoon*
I can't believe I haven't gotten around to the final book yet! I'm actually going to reread the whole series to get all the feels (and lots of Hector). 
The Girl of Fire and Thorns Review (#1) (Wow. I think this is one of my first reviews ever)
The Crown of Embers (#2) (Even better than book 1!)

3. Deception  (Defiance #2) by C.J. Redwine
I read Defiance a while ago after the raves from fellow bloggers and I remember loving it. Too bad I didn't write a review for it :/ Anywho, I also plan on rereading this soon now that the whole trilogy is out! 

4. Sacrifice (Legacy #3) by Cayla Kluver 
This series is...interesting. As you can tell from my review of the first book, Legacymy feelings were definitely mixed. And....I actually never finished the 2nd book....but I plan to, I promise! Again, like book 1, I absolutely loathed it and loved it. The reason I didn't finish it isn't because it wasn't good, but because I was absolutely terrified of how the ending would come about. At this point I hated Alera and Narian and the people I liked were in awful situations. So, I set it down choosing to be blissfully ignorant of how the book seemed to be going and instead make up a nice, happy ending in my own head. I plan on shattering those notions soon though to finish the 2nd book so I can get to this one. It's only taken me 3 years. Not long at all....Baby steps. Baby steps. 


5. Fuse (Pure #2) by Julianna Baggott 
So this is yet another series I started way back when and never finished. Pure was incredibly dark and raw and brilliant. It's a wretched dystopia that I was dying to understand. Unfortunately, I just never got around to getting my hands on the 2nd book and this series fell to the wayside. It's definitely one I plan on delving into in the future. 

Yet to be Released


6. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows
Moving past her name, this book sounds amazing. She's a princess, a spy, and a threat?1 Trifecta of awesomeness! Also, the Black Knife (aka hot man?) sounds mysterious and intriguing. Sign me up!  


7. The Young Elites by Marie Lu
OMG!!! I've been waiting for this one forever. Well, maybe not forever, per se, but pretty darn close! It sounds so dark and magical and has hot men. And Adelina sounds like an anti-hero you can't help but feel for. Not to mention its blurbed as "X-men meets Assassin's Creed 2 meets Game of Thrones". I CAN WAIT NO LONGER!!!! 


8. Shadow and Scale (Seraphina #2) by Rachel Hartman
Seraphina was absolutely stunning. Brilliantly done, captivating, and there were DRAGONS. I've been waiting for news on this book and it's finally here and sounds phenomenal! IT ONLY TOOK 3 YEARS! 


9. The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan
WLEFJWOEIFJWOEFIJWODF!!!! IT'S THE END!!!! I DON'T WANT IT TO ENDDDDDD! PERCABETHHHHHHH!!! EVERYONE ELSE!!!! LEOOOOOOOO!


10. Throne of Glass series 
Okay, so I'm totally cheating on this one because I technically own up through Heir of Fire, but they are eARCs and I want the real thing. I want these beauties sitting on my bookshelf so I can stare adoringly at them. They are brilliant and CHAOLLLLL!



Okay, so another cheat. Sue me. But I can't wait to learn all about Levana's backstory. I love learning about how people become who they are and why they do what they do (psychology lover here), so this is basically perfection. Also, it's like book-length which makes me happy. Yay!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)