Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thinking Through Thursday (6)


Welcome to another "Thinking Through Thursday"! This is a post I write (or try to) every Thursday in which I discuss various bookish goodness. 

This week's discussion is:

Favorite Series:



Harry Potter without a doubt.


Okay, okay, I know how cliche this is and whatnot, but Harry Potter is truly a fascinating series with so much heart and magic. I have never been as truly invested in characters as I have of the characters in this series. Honestly, I have learned so much from this series. I was invested in each character in some way and all of them were fully dimensional. It was so easy for me to imagine them as real people and to fall in love for them and root for them or want to punch them or some other crazy emotion. Each death hurt me deeply. I think this is the only series where I actually cried.


The first books were simply magical storytelling that got me interested, but as the series went on and it became more complex, I simply couldn't put any of the books down. Each book had so much heart, magic, love and time put into it that they are truly perfection. These stories didn't always have happy endings for everyone, but it was so real and beautiful. 


Oh, I could go on and on and on but I'll stop. I think you get the gist of everything and I'm sure so many of you out there feel the same way. 


So is Harry Potter your favorite series? Why? If not, I'd love to know what your favorite series are. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)