Warning: Epic fail ahead.
2014 Goodreads Challenge
# of Books read: 30
Status: Not. Even. Close.
2014 Debut Author Challenge
Host: The Story Siren
# of Books read: 6!
Status: Even though I still didn't meet the goal, I made it halfway which was a big accomplishment for 2014 *happy dance*
2. Cruel Beauty (Goodreads) by Rosamund Hodge - I really want to re-read this one because I'm not sure why it's at 3 stars. I remember devouring it so I wonder why I changed the rating. This is why you review right after you finish reading.
4. The Falconer (Goodreads) by Elizabeth May - YESSS! SO MUCH YESS I CANNOT CONTAIN THE YESSSS! Except that ending - curse you May! *shakes fists in the air*
5. The Queen of the Tearling (Goodreads) by Erika Johansen - I'm....I'm really confused. I liked it. And hated it.
2014 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge
# of Books read: 8
8. Heir of Fire (Goodreads) by Sarah J. Maas - WOEIJSLDFKJWEOIFJWOEF! ROWAN!
Lucky No. 14 Reading Challenge
Host: Books to Share
# of Books read: 12
Status: Woohoo! So close!
1. Visit the Country: Read a book that has a setting in a country you really want to visit in real life. Book read: The Falconer (Goodreads) by Elizabeth May - SCOTLAND!
2. Cover Lust: Pick a book from your shelf that you bought for the beautiful/creepy/awesome ect. cover. Book read: Cruel Beauty (Goodreads) by Rosamund Hodge - JUST LOOK AT THAT COVER!
3. Blame it on Bloggers: Read a book because you've read the sparkling reviews from other bloggers. Book read: The Queen of the Tearling (Goodreads) by Erika Johansen - I don't know whether to hug you, or punch you.
4. Bargain All the Way: Read a book you bought for the price. Sworn to Raise (Goodreads) by Terah Edun - 'Twas free (ARC).
5. (Not So) Fresh From the Oven: Read a book released last year that you never had a chance to read. Book read: Insurgent (Goodreads) by Veronica Roth - WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG?!?!
6. First Letter's Rule: Read a book with a title that begins with the same letter as your name (M). Book read: Manor of Secrets (Goodreads) by Katherine Longshore
7. Once Upon a Time: Choose a book published before you were born. Book read: None.
8. Chunky Brick: Read a book more than 500 pages. Book read: Cress (Goodreads) by Marissa Meyer - This book is huge because it is full of AWESOMENESS! THORNEEEEE! Also, Cress is just too plain adorable.
9. Favorite Author: Read a book written by your favorite author. Book read: ALL THE THRONE OF GLASS BOOKS! MAAS! WHY MUST YOU DO THESE THINGS?!
10. It's Been There Forever: Pick up a book that's been on your shelf for more than year. Book read: Charlie Bone and the Time Twister (Goodreads) by Jenny Nimmo - so this is actually a re-read, but I LOVE it.
11. Movies vs. Books: You've seen the movie, now it's time to read the book. Book read: Divergent (Goodreads) by Veronica Roth - I actually read this wayyyy back in 2011 when it first came out, but I watched the movie and wanted to compare it to the book again (and also read the rest of the series) so I decided to re-read it.
12. Freebies Time: Read a free book (giveaway, ARC, birthday, ect). Book read: Threats of Sky and Sea (Goodreads) by Jennifer Ellision
13. Not My Cup of Tea: Read from a genre you've never tried (or just disliked) before. Books read: Do textbooks count? Here's to looking at you biology.
14. Walking Down the Memory Lane: Re-read a book you loved as a child. Book read: I'm reusing this one - Charlie Bone and the Time Twister (Goodreads) by Jenny Nimmo
2014 Dystopia Reading Challenge
Host: The Blog of Erised
Goal: Rebel 7-12 books
# of Books read: 4
Status: Eh. Not to bad. Crammed in 2 at the last minute.
1. Divergent (Goodreads) by Veronica Roth
2. Insurgent (Goodreads) by Veronica Roth
2014 Series Challenge
Host: Read. Sleep. Repeat.
Goal: 4 series
# of Series read: 2
Status: So, I didn't actually finish any series, but there are 2 series that I've read all available books in which counts. So, that was really my only saving grace. Also, not a single one was a series I planned on finishing. Almost finished the Divergent series (reading Allegiant now) but didn't finish it in 2014.
Series: Throne of Glass series and Lunar Chronicles series.
2014 Fairy Tales Retold Reading Challenge
Host: Debz Bookshelf
Goal: 4-6 books
# of Books read: 2
2. Cruel Beauty (Goodreads) by Rosamund Hodge