I love challenges. They make me read. Which is one reason I participate in them. Even if I don't complete them, at least they help me make an effort. Here are some awesome challenges that I hope to participate in this year. Maybe I challenged myself to too many, but many of them will overlap so I GOT THIS!!!
2014 Debut Author Challenge
Hosted by: The Story Siren
A challenge to read books by authors debuting in 2014 (you go guys!). In 2012, I really kept up with this and it was a great way to not only find new books, but help some new authors along. Last year, I kind of sucked. But its a new year so I have hope :)
Here are some debut books currently on my GR TBR (though it definitely needs to be updated)
The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex #1) by Lindsay Cummings
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
The Falconer (The Falconer #1) by Elizabeth May
Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief #1) by Livia Blackburne
2014 Netgalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge
Hosted by: Falling For YA
My Netgalley list of books needing to be read is a looongg one. Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm blessed with the ability to get ARCs and I'm not even reading them? EGAD! And that is the precise reason I'm participating in this challenge. I need to read all these books. I want to give these authors who have blessed me with the opportunity the credit and recognition they deserve (whether for good or bad). So, whats my goal? I'm glad you asked.
Silver level: 25 Books
I'm going for the silver! Because gold is so overrated.
Okay, not really. It's just that gold level is 50 books o_O Yeah....not sure I could make that one.
Who knows if I'll change the level. I have a lot of books and I'm sure I'll request more. At least this keeps me up with them.
Lucky No. 14 Reading Challenge
Hosted by: Books to Share
This one just sounds fun! Not sure what books I want to read yet but I'll keep you updated.
1. Visit the Country: Read a book that has a setting in a country you really want to visit in real life.
2. Cover Lust: Pick a book from your shelf that you bought for the beautiful/creepy/awesome ect. cover
3. Blame it on Bloggers: Read a book because you've read the sparkling reviews from other bloggers
4. Bargain All the Way: Read a book you bought for the price.
5. (Not So) Fresh From the Oven: Read a book released last year that you never had a chance to read.
6. First Letter's Rule: Read a book with a title that begins with the same letter as your name (M)
7. Once Upon a Time: Choose a book published before you were born.
8. Chunky Brick: Read a book more than 500 pages.
9. Favorite Author: Read a book written by your favorite author.
10. It's Been There Forever: Pick up a book that's been on your shelf for more than year.
11. Movies vs. Books: You've seen the movie, now it's time to read the book.
12. Freebies Time: Read a free book (giveaway, ARC, birthday, ect)
13. Not My Cup of Tea: Read from a genre you've never tried (or just disliked) before.
14. Walking Down the Memory Lane: Re-read a book you loved as a child.