Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Random Reads (May 2012)


Hey! So I just found this really cool new meme hosted by I'm Loving Books called Random Reads. Its a meme where once a month you pick a random book (using a random generator) from you TBR to read. I used Random.org and picked from my Goodreads TBR shelf. Here are the full instructions:



It’s easy…
  1. If you’re on Goodreads enable sorting to your to-read shelf (you should see numbers next to each book now).
  2. Go to Random.org and type in the Min as 1 and the Max as how many ever books are on your to-read shelf.
  3. Scroll down to the book matching the number Random.org picks.
  4. Link up to your Random Reads post (below).
  5. Read and be merry. 
Pretty cool right?! So, without further ado, here is my random book!


Legacy by Cayla Kluver

Goodreads Synopsis: 

I noticed his eyes. They were blue, sharp and intense. Despite the youthful glows of his suntanned face, his eyes were cold and unfriendly, suggesting he had great experience in the world and was now expecting the worst.
In her seventeenth year, Princess Alera of Hytanica faces one duty: to marry the man who will be king. But her father's choice of suitor fills her with despair.
When the palace guard captures and intruder— a boy her age with steel-blue eyes, hailing from her kingdom's greatest enemy— Alera is alarmed… and intrigued. But she could not have guessed that their clandestine meetings would unveil the dark legacy shadowing both their lands.
In this mystical world of court conspiracies and blood magic, loyalties will be tested. Courage won't be enough. And as the battle begins for everything Alera holds dear, love may be the downfall of a kingdom.

So I have to say that I'm pretty psyched to read this! Although I've definitely heard some mixed reviews (like the MC is ridiculously annoying and frustrating) I still want to read it. Its got princesses and court intrigue and hot guys with swords! How can I not be at least slightly interested? And the good news is that I bought this for my Kindle a while ago and just never got around to it. So now this just helps me bump it up on my TBR! Look for a review of it this month. Maybe I'll even read it next XD 
So what random book will you be reading this month? 
All the best ♥



6 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I have Legacy checked out from the library and it does look REALLY good! I can't wait to read it soon! Will have to compare reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look really good! I was kind of iffy just because of some of the things I've heard about it but at least now this gives me a reason to bump it up on my TBR. This gave me that push I need XD And yes! We most definitely will have to!!

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete
  2. I've heard really great things about this book! I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool meme! I'll have to participate next month (my May TBR pile is too full). Hope you enjoy Legacy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty cool too :D hahaha I definitely know how you feel! and thanks!!

      All the best ♥
      Mackenzie

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)